offers the following standard of care:
- A total of 6 individual sessions weekly, including 4 sessions with the primary therapist, a weekly session with the nutritionist, and a weekly session with our psychiatrist.
- A small, well-chosen therapeutic community
- Aftercare programming, including follow-up visits
- Adjunctive individual sessions for anxiety/OCD exposure and response prevention work
- Individual expressive, anxiety, and PTSD therapies as needed
- Individualized weekly treatment plan
- Highly dedicated trained staff
- Supported meals and post-meal processing
- Weekend outings
- Family therapy and participation in Family Week
At times during recovery from disordered eating, symptoms may become unmanageable and may require a level of care above outpatient psychotherapy. If this is the case, residential care or partial day treatment is sometimes recommended in order to provide the support and tools needed to achieve recovery.
Monarch Cove, an affiliate of Castlewood Treatment Centers, offers several options for eating disorder treatment. Monarch Cove, located in beautiful Pacific Grove, CA, offers highly individualized treatment that addresses not only the disordered eating behaviors, but also underlying problems such as depression, Social Anxiety Disorder, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, multiple addictions, dissociative disorders, and trauma/PTSD.
Monarch Cove's extensively trained staff employs a unique, multi-modal approach, that includes specializations in the areas of: nursing, psychiatry, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, dance and movement, body image and dysmorphia, psychodrama, family therapy, EMDR, Internal Family Systems, life-coaching, alcohol and sexual addiction, exposure and response prevention, anxiety disorders and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and sexual abuse, Social Anxiety Disorder, and other co-morbid disorders . A team of professionals utilize these and other modalities to provide compassionate guidance as clients learn to change destructive behaviors and distorted patterns of thinking that center around food and body image.